What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For my Sister, who's not dealing well at all!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Those who know me, know I don't get on with my Sister. We are like water and oil. She is not vicious, but has two coping skills. Silence or she lashes out.

You know my Mom fell last year. A couple of years ago I was re-diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphomia after a 16 yr. repreive and a bone marrow transplant.

I just found out on Thursday that her husband Richard has testacular cancer!

This is not a pity post, I just wanted to fill my friends in. Richard is in his mid 60's, they've been married for about 30 years.

I KNOW Teri's freakin'. I talked to her on the phone and she said "oh you heard" and quickly changed the subject.

I guess my wish or prayer would be to enjoy life more and not be so afraid of death. Not that anyone's dying, but she can't even say the word!!'

Thanks guys!

Love to all,
Liz

judyb57

Super Moderator
Liz, you know I will keep your sister and her husband in my thoughts and prayers! Cancer is not picky when it chooses its victims!:eek:

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Thats right Judy!! Just like most disease's they are not picky.. But cancer has become epidemic!!

Love you, :eek:
Liz
XoX

judyb57

Super Moderator
Yes, it has Liz. I am sure there is not one person that has not had a friend or a loved that has or has had cancer in their lives. It is just awful. I lost my mom to lung cancer in 1999 and have known many, many, many people that have had it.:eek:

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Its the worst disease there is and it has no prejudism, it takes all ages with it!! Little babies to old folks, the damn disease has no conscience!!!

So Sorry for your sister Lizzie, its a very scary thing and then with your mom so sick all the time and now you with this relapse, its no wonder shes a wreck!:eek:

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
I wish she would go to a support group!! Even if her hubby doesn't want to, she really needs one!

It's hard to be with someone who is nasty and cutting. My Dr.s have told me (before we knew about Richard) as long as your Moms taken care of, stay away for a while..

I know her and she's not one to "gush" but puts on such a rough exterior, when I try and talk she says- "enough of your phyco-babble"!!

Oy Veh!!!!

Thanks guys and love to you all!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
I will say prayers dear some people just hope if you ignore something it will go away and we all know that willnot happen.

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Some of you know things have gotten out of contol. But I'm with my Mom at her home and we're alright!

I thank all of you for taking the time and thought and kindness!

XoXoX

moslowjj

Lifetime Streaker
Your Mom is very lucky to have you there to help her. Your sister will regret her selfish actions. No Mother deserves to be treated like Crap!!! Hurting your mother should be punishable by a public flogging..
I will pray for your mom though to keep on Truckin and enjoy the rest of her life....
:beer

kayjay70

Senior Streaker
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom, sister and brother-in-law, liz. Take care.

kayjay:eek:

iataz

Lifetime Streaker
Geez Liz.. If I was your sister and faced with the prospect of losing that many family members I might become a raging lunatic bit ch too
for some people it's easier to push loved ones away rather then have to deal with the fact of losing them..

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Thanks everyone!!

And no beef, but my sister has always been super cold. My friend Laura who I've known since we were 5 used to ask- "why dosen't Teri like me?" And I've spent a lot of years looking for her approval. We are different people, I've told her many times I would LOVE a relationship with her, maybe this is our chance!

XoX

To add, neither one of us are bad people. We just mix like water and oil! Ahhhhha

Last edited: