What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quote of the day

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl.

~ Stephan Hoeller

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose.

~Lyndon B. Johnson

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.
- -- Thomas Carlyle

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem of innocence inside you that makes you want to believe that there still exists a right and wrong, that decency will somehow triumph in the end.
- --Lise Hand, describing Irish journalist Veronica Guerin, who was killed as a result of her investigations of Irish organized crime

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
Are there not... Two points in the adventure of the diver: One -- when a beggar, he prepares to plunge? Two -- when a prince, he rises with his pearl? I plunge!
- -- Robert Browning

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.
- -- Helen Keller

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
When you realize you've made a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm. ~Dan Heist

N

nalgenie

Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~Kahlil Gibran

wow...i love kahlil gibran. haven't heard him in years. it is so nice to have you back here. God must have brought you to me....i definately have had more things to think about than gambling and sickness.

thanks, Nal :)HG

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

~Lee Greenwood

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them."
— Maya Angelou

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
~Wayne Dyer

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger."
- Buddha

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
Hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our courage and strength.
- -- Anonymous

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.
- -- Washington Irving

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
Feelings of worth flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.

~Virginia Satir