What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recipes

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

judyb57

Super Moderator
SEAFOOD STUFFED SHELLS

SEAFOOD STUFFED SHELLS

30 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
1/2 pound bay scallops
2 tsp. butter
2 eggs
2 cups (16 oz) cream-style cottage cheese
1 carton (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can (6 oz) lump crab meat (drained)
3/4 pound frozen cooked small shrimp, thawed
1 jar (17 oz) Alfredo Sauce

1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, cook scallops in butter for 1-2 minutes or until opaque. Transfer to a large bowl.

2. Place one egg and half of the cottage cheese, ricotta nutmeg and pepper in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add to scallops. Repeat with remaining egg, cottage cheeseSti, ricotta, nutmeg and pepper. Stir in crab and shrimp.
3. Drain shells and rinse in cold water. Stuff with seafood mixture. Place in a greased 13" by 9" baking dish. Top with Alfredo Sauce. Cover and bak at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes or until bubbly. (10 servings)

iataz

Lifetime Streaker
Judy
Have I ever told you I have a whole lot of your recipes printed out.
I haven't tried them all yet.. but when I put the cookbook together and make millions.. I'll share :penguindance

judyb57

Super Moderator
recipes (12493)

These are the ones I haven't opened yet, ROFLMAO. I belong to a group and I get massive emails. A lot of the recipes are mine from years of cooking, but when I come across one that looks good I throw it in here, haha..

Heres something I received today, nnt a recipe but a good tip:

WHIPPED CREAM

Sweeten your whipped cream with confectioners sugar instead of granulated sugar. Oh so fluffy! Bonus-it holds its shape better!​

Cool, huh! :clap

So if you need a recipe for just about anything let me know and I am sure I have it, hehehehe!

judyb57

Super Moderator
Pumpkin Pound Cake with Buttermilk Glaze

Pumpkin Pound Cake with Buttermilk Glaze

Drain the canned pumpkin before making the cake batter to keep the cake's texture light.

Cake: Cooking spray
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin (solid, not pie filling)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour (about 13 1/2 ounces)
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk

Glaze:
1/3 cup fat-free buttermilk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350°.

To prepare the cake, lightly coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour. Spread pumpkin over 2 layers of paper towels; cover with 2 additional layers of paper towels. Let stand about 10 minutes. Scrape drained pumpkin into a bowl.

Place 3/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 3 minutes or until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Lightly spoon 3 cups flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture and 3/4 cup buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.

Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.

To prepare glaze, combine 1/3 cup buttermilk and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Drizzle cake with glaze.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)

labell

Lifetime Streaker
Hobo Meatball Stew...
3-4 Potatoes,peeled and cut into chunks
1 large onion cut into chunks
3-4 Carrots,peeled and cut into chunks
1 lb Hamburger meat
1/2 C. Catsup
1/2C. Water
Take your cut up potatoes, carrots, and onions and put in your crock pot. season up your ground beef, and make meatballs out of it. brown those meatballs on all sides, drain well, and put on top of the veggies...mix the catsup at water together and pour that over the contents of your crock pot,and cover- You can either cook it on low,all day, or on high for 4 hours...

this one sounds inexpensive and easy lol

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Will try that one labell, just have to haul out the old crock pot, have had the thing for probably 30 years now I never thought the things would come back in fashion, but they are all the rage, in fact I am just about to give one to my friend's daughter who is getting married in 3 weeks.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Back in fashion? LOL, I never knew they went out? I have gone through about four in the past 30 years. I wear them out. I have one that I use a lot but went and bought a bigger one recently, lol.

labell

Lifetime Streaker
I use mine in spurts - but if you're not cooking large quantities or gone from the house all day I can see why you'd stop using it...

Found another one I made for supper to use the microwave... hubby said it's a keeper

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #eeeece 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; COLOR: #8caa9e; BORDER-TOP: #eeeece 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #dddd9d 2px solid" class=title bgColor=#ffffcc noWrap align=left>HAMBURGER PATTY STEW</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #eeeece 1px solid"> </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #dddd9d 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #eeeece 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; PADDING-RIGHT: 20px; BORDER-RIGHT: #dddd9d 2px solid; PADDING-TOP: 20px" bgColor=#ffffcc colSpan=2><!----><!--HAMBURGER PATTY STEW-->
2 med. potatoes
2 med. carrots
2 med. onions
1 lb. ground chuck
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup ketchup

1/4 c. water
Paprika

Peel vegetables and slice into 1/8-inch slices. Form beef into 12 small flat patties. In 2-quart casserole layer half of beef patties, then half the vegetables, sprinkling layers with salt and pepper. Repeat. Mix water and catsup, pour over all. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover. Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH 22-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Yes Judy, they were old hat here for years and then I saw them starting to appear in the catalogues again, they are really good especially if you are working or out for the day.

That looks like an easy one too labell, and I like easy...lol

judyb57

Super Moderator
Scalloped Potatoes

Ingrediants:

6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
1 small onion, finely chopped

Preperation:

Preheat oven to 325ºF.

Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk, 1/2 cup at a time. Heat to boiling. Boil and stir 1 minute.

Arrange potatoes in greased 2 quart casserole in 3 layers, topping each layer with part of the chopped onions and 1/3 of the sauce. Dot the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, broken into little pieces.

Cover and bake until potatoes are tender, about 60-70 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minute before serving.

Serves 6

Tips and Variations:

Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese to the sauce and mix to melt. Sprinkle bread crumbs on the top if the potato mixture before baking and bake as above. Easy au gratin potatoes!

labell

Lifetime Streaker
Perfect for those busy days ahead with no time to cook!

Bean-and-Ham Soup

<!-- Post Body Copy -->3 (15.8 ounce) BUSH’S BEST Great Northern Beans, divided
1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth, divided
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, diced
8 ounces cooked ham, cubed
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Rinse and drain beans. Process one-third can of beans and half of chicken broth in a food processor until smooth. Set aside. I mash the beans in the can with a fork to save this step, no processor bowl to wash saves even more time...
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and saute for five minutes until tender. Add ham and saute 10 minutes or til lightly browned,
add bean puree, remaining beans and remaining broth. bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in pepper and serve immediately.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Got to Have Skor Bars

Got to Have Skor Bars

(have not tried these yet, but I am going to)

=========

24 regular salted soda crackers

1 cup butter

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 13x9 inch pan with Parchment paper for

easy clean up. Arrange crackers evenly in pan.

In saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Stir in brown sugar until

melted and smooth. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly until

mixture is smooth and bubbly. Boil for exactly 2 minutes and then

pour mixture evenly over crackers.

Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate pieces evenly over

caramel mixture. Return to oven just long enough for chocolate to

melt. Spread chocolate evenly with spatula. Place pan in refrigerator

or freezer until chocolate is firm. Cut or break into pieces.

labell

Lifetime Streaker
Re: Recipes Caramel Sauce

<DIR><DIR>Caramel / Butterscotch
Ice Cream Sauce

2 Tablespoons Margarine
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Karo light corn syrup
1/2 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream

Melt oleo, stir in brown sugar and Karo. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in ice cream, return to boil. Remove from heat.
</DIR><DIR></DIR><DIR>heavenly with salted roasted pecans ;)</DIR></DIR>

labell

Lifetime Streaker
Carey it is so very good, and so easy... and you don't have to remember to buy cream or half and half because you use the vanilla ice cream! enjoy!

Riffle

Pro Streaker
For all the newbies....here are a couple of priceless recipe that the "old" streakers have used and LOVE!!

Roast--

One roast (i use English)

Put in large pan, one can cream of mushroom soup and one packet of dry onion soup -- cover with water-- back @ 350 for about 4 hours....

Half package of extra wide egg noddles, one can cream of chicken soup, two cans of chicken broth....boil and simmer until noodles are done

razor54

Junior Streaker
Re: Recipes &quot;Old Fashioned Irish Stew&quot;

Thankyou for the opportunity of finally reviving a childhood pleasure- the taste of Old fashioned Beef stew! :thank you I gave it a try and made it in a clay-oven. When cooking in this manner you put the dish in a cold oven and let the temperature rise to 425 degrees. I let it sizzle 2 1/2 hours. snowangel I felt like I was in heaven! A happy childhood daze!

Last edited: