What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Pray for my Dad

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

ring657130

Senior Streaker
Please pray for my dad as he has problems with his liver from Zocor (which is a medication for high cholesterol) they found a blockage in the liver ducts and he was filling with fluid as the kidneys were not up to par. He is in the Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA 3hours from me. Please pray the Doctors make him well again. He had 2 stints put in on Friday am and I cannot be there with him. I need lots of prayers please for Ed Gensel. I am numb and cannot do anything. I have already lost 10lbs in 1 week from nerves....Yes I am an extremely nervous person..lol SS guys for notvisiting I can't even think straight. They brought in a counselor for my dad as he is so depressed. He is my life and knight in shining armor and couldn't ask for a better father. Thankyou streakers !!!!:proud

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I am so sorry Ring! I will keep your dad in my prayers sweetie.:hug

cas1944

Lifetime Streaker
I am so sorry dear. I hope and pray he gets well soon.

I will keep your dad and you in my prayers.

:hug

judyb57

Super Moderator
I will keep him and your family in my prayers hon. I am glad that your dad is not only getting the physical care he needs right now, but also the emotional care he needs. :hug Please try not to stress so much hon.

Spin2Win

Lifetime Streaker
So sorry to hear of your Dad's illness. He, you and your family are in my prayers, ring.

I'm very familiar with Thomas Jefferson hospital, excellent facility & such wonderful staff. He's in good hands. (My cousin was there the end of last year until Jan. of this year, I stayed with her there for awhile)

Where about do you live, ring ... you said 3 hours away from TJ and that's about the distance I am (I'm in NE PA, near Allentown/Reading/Hazleton area)

ring657130

Senior Streaker
Ty All ! I know where Allentown is... I am in Nanticoke...Small town about 15 miles from WilkesBarre. ever hear of it? The Dr. called and said his biopsy showed...2 things...Definite hepatitis from drug toxitity ( zocor and a few others) and a hematoma that was blocking his bile ducts....He said that he wanted to do another intesive test too see what else was there...He said even tho' it showed no cancer... he still thinks there is a mass under the hematoma but there may not be. That was the worst scenerio...PLease let there be nothing else there...I am at my wit ends...2 biopsies and no cancer and he says that he feels there still is a mass. Anyway...My dad is slowly getting his strength... He FINALLY spoke on Tuesday with no delerium,, He was out of it for around 2 weeks from all the toxins ,,He was crying for me and I felt so bad I wasn't there...:( He said he missses his baby girl...even tho' I'm 46 :) The 2 stints are working and his blood toxitity levels are coming down and the Dr.s are happy about it. They said he is still too weak for another surgery so there doing an MRI with dye and another catscan to check again tomorrow am.. I will be on my there around 10:00 am and hopefully the results come back while I'm there, hopefully good new. They already have him in physical therapy as he lost so much muscle mass, and was told he needs to go in a Rehabilitaion center here when they release him from the hospital. I will let you know . Thankyou again streakers....PRAYERS DO WONDERS....WHEN 2 OR MORE GATHER PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED...I BELIEVE THAT WITH ALL MY HEART!!!:thnks:proud

judyb57

Super Moderator
Hang in there ring, at least your dad is in good hands hon. That is wonderful that he is able to talk with being delirious from the drugs. I am glad you will be able to go to him now. It will help you and him both. I will keep your dad and your family in my prayers still, and hope the results that come back are all good news! :hug

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Thats wonderful news that they didnt find cancer!! I will keep praying for him hon.:hug

Spin2Win

Lifetime Streaker
Thank God no cancer and he's coherent! I'll be praying for you when you make the trip there ... travelling mercies to you and whoever else may be going with you, ring. It's a trip! ENJOY YOUR VISIT with your Dad.

And >>> I know EXACTLY the area where you live. I have family in Hazleton, Conyngham and Mt. Top. I know the distance; and route; you have to travel and it can be a long, boring ride . I'll be thinking of you.

I live right outside of Pottsville in a small town. And, am familiar with Allentown as well, I got to Lehigh Valley Hospital there (my cardiac doc is there), I'm sure you know of LVMC.

Please keep us informed as to your Dad's progress and let him know that there are people praying for him.

Hang in there, ring :hug

krazy2go

Lifetime Streaker
I will say some special prayers tonight. Please try to keep your spirits up.