What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble Viewing Websites in IE8? Here's the Fix...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

krazy2go

Lifetime Streaker
Troubleshooting Steps for IE8 Viewing Issues

Do you use Internet Explorer 8 and suddenly realize that some of the websites you visit look a bit "krazy"? Are the images looking a bit distorted? Not to worry, your eyes are not deceiving you. There's some new features in Internet Explorer 8 that, if not selected, will cause some image "incompatibility" issues. But, here's a quick fix:

This example uses Streak Gaming as its "incompatible" viewing site:

Step 1:
Go to Streak Gaming's home page. Take a look at the "rooms" and see if it looks a bit like this image below.

Notice the dates and times go past the table cell borders. This is one example of an IE8 incompatibility issue.

Step 2:
With Streak Gaming's home page still open, select Tools > Compatibility View from the menu bar.

Step 3:
Once you've made the menu selection, a hint should display near the top of your screen indicating success. Read it and then click the "X" to close it.

No browser restart is needed. You can use these same steps for fixing similar issues with all of your favorite websites.

Special thanks to Carey and Dani for this information.

Go Green - Happy Streaking!

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Thank you so much for explaining this Krazy!! I had this problem as well!

judyb57

Super Moderator
Haha, you won't believe this, but my son had to change some things on my computer for me and he put IE8 on my computer, lol. I had been using IE7 and when I got on the forum I had that exact same problem and thanks to you knew exactly what to do to fix it! yourock!

krazy2go

Lifetime Streaker
I can't take the credit, it was actually dani and carey who got me going.
:oops