What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patriot Act

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

lkvikings

Lifetime Streaker
I might be wrong but weren't the laws regarding Online gambling attached to the Patriot Act? If so do are the laws no longer in effect since the Patriot Act has expired?

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
very good question lkvikings!!! I do not know the answer, but I'll see what info
I can find, Vixen may know a little more about it

:think

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I might be wrong but weren't the laws regarding Online gambling attached to the Patriot Act? If so do are the laws no longer in effect since the Patriot Act has expired?
Hmm thats actually a really good question!!

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
I know that Sen. Rand Paul has been fighting to do away with the patriot act but I don't know about gambling.

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
I have been researching this and how it affects gaming remains to be seen. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) led a filibuster to keep the patriot act from being renewed. The reason he was against it was a matter of government overreach into your privacy. The patriot act allowed the government to record all your phone calls and online activity at will. Now they will have to have a warrant or at the very least probable cause to do so. There is now a republican senator from Utah and a democrat congressman from New York trying to get an old law banning interstate gaming reinstated which would include the internet. I doubt they will have much success tho. The general consensus is that while no one on either side of the aisle is really supporting online gaming, some are fighting for your privacy. In a lot of cases there are congress members who could care less about online gaming. They would rather leave it up to the individual states to decide weather they allow it or not.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks twobears!! I hope they could care less, lol
I guess a state by state rule is better then nothing, its a start!

:thank you

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
Thanks for your research I have been wondering about the same thing!