What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lottery Winners Filed Class Action Lawsuit Against Illinois Lottery

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
The plaintiffs are two of the at least 29 people in the state who were set to collect winnings before the budget freeze.
Suburban Family Still Waiting for Payment After Big Lottery Win
“The State is not paying prize money to people who won over $25,000, yet the State is continuing to sell Lottery tickets with potential winnings in excess of $25,000,” the lawsuit filed Wednesday states.
In late August, when winners first spoke out about not receiving payments fromt their winnings, Illinois Lottery’s spokesman Stephen Rossi directed the problems to Springfield.

"All winners will be paid in full as soon as the Lottery and the Illinois Comptroller have the legislative authority to do so,” Rossi said in a late August statement.
“Currently, winners may claim prizes under $600 at any of our 8,000 retail locations, and prizes under $25,000 may be claimed at any Lottery claims center, found at illinoislottery.com.”
State law mandates the Illinois comptroller's office must make payouts larger than $25,000, but they also say their hands are tied.

SOURCE

Last edited:

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Re: Lottery Winners Filed Class Action Lawsuit Against Illinois Lottery Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Lottery-Winners-Filed-Class-Acti

I would be mighty pissed if I had to wait for a lottery win!

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
These states piss me off if they would allow us to gamble freely online they could regulate it!