What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Get Healthy Together!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Jainet

Junior Streaker
Cool Judy! Keep it up your good work. First of all i appreciate your this idea very much. Keeping our physique in well maintained is an effective way to keep all the body cells working which seems much stronger and protect your internal cells to fight against harmful disease. :luck

judyb57

Super Moderator
Thanks for the link Luck3Sevens. There was some interesting info there!!

sorcer3ss

Staff member
ahh The biggest loser lady, also have seen her on a show called The Doctors I think it is, I really like her. Anyone else have problems hearing it, I got the sound up full and can barely hear it, it is quite interesting too.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Light-Shrimp Fried Rice

Try this traditional Shrimp Fried Rice recipe for a amazing dinner. Once you
master it, fried rice is an extremely versatile dish that can be made with
all kinds of meat, seafood, and vegetables.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups)

2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons rice wine or sake
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups chopped green onions
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
5 cups cooked Long-Grain Rice, chilled
1 pound medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, and coarsely chopped
1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed

Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.

Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add eggs; stir-fry 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled. Add onions and
ginger; stir-fry 1 minute. Add rice, shrimp, and peas; stir-fry 3 minutes or
until thoroughly heated. Add broth mixture; toss gently to coat.

Nutritional Information Calories: 380 (19% from fat) Fat: 7.9g (sat
1.7g,mono 2.5g,poly 3.1g) Protein: 20.8g Carbohydrate: 53.3g
Fiber: 1.7g Cholesterol: 184mg Iron: 4.8mg Sodium: 527mg Calcium: 83mg

judyb57

Super Moderator
Healthy Mandarin Chicken

Mandarin Chicken Ingredients:

■1 pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breast but thighs are used in restaurant versions)
■1 cup of coconut oil, tallow or lard for cooking
■1/2 cup almond flour
■1/4 cup arrowroot powder
■1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic powder
■1/2 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
■2 eggs
■1 tablespoon water
■3 organic oranges (organic is important since you’ll use the zest and juice)
■1 organic lemon (organic important!)
■1/4 cup naturally fermented soy sauce or coconut aminos
■1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (optional but good)- You can also just add a teaspoon of garlic powder but the texture and flavor isn’t quite as good.
■1/4 cup honey (optional, adds sweetness and thickness)
■1 tablespoon arrowroot powder

How to Make Mandarin Chicken:

Cut chicken thighs into bite sized pieces with a sharp knife or kitchen shears. Mix the almond flour, arrowroot, salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger in a bowl. Beat the egg with water in another bowl.[ Note:You can completely skip the flour and egg steps if you don't want to bread the chicken and can just stir fry the bite-sized pieces of chicken in 2 tablespoons coconut oil until cooked.]

Heat the coconut oil, tallow or lard in a large skillet. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then into the flour mixture and shake to remove excess flour. Carefully drop the breaded chicken pieces into the hot oil, cooking about 3-5 minutes per side until cooked through. Do not stir or move chicken except to flip once during cooking as it can remove the breading. Carefully remove and place on a plate to cool. Repeat with all the chicken until cooked. (alternately, you can bread the chicken this way and place on a well oiled baking sheet or baking dish and bake at least 30 minutes or until cooked through in the oven).

While chicken is cooking and cooling, zest the oranges and lemon into a medium sized pan. Squeeze the juice of the oranges and lemon into the pan and add the soy sauce/coconut aminos, chili garlic sauce and honey. Stir well and slowly add the tablespoon or arrowroot powder. Bring to a simmer and continue simmering over medium/low heat for 15-20 minutes or until desired thickness. Do not let boil or burn! If you want a thicker sauce, add a little more arrowroot.

If you are serving with cauliflower rice (can use this one without the shrimp) or steamed broccoli, cook it while sauce is thickening. When all are done, pour the sauce over the chicken and lightly toss to incorporate.

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
I have zucchini and crooked neck squash, a variety of peppers, tomatoes, green beans, eggplant, cabbage, watermelon, muskmelon and cucumbers. Anyone ready to eat?

ashtok119

Social Networking Mod
wow twobears that's a nice looking garden!! i wish i had room for all of that in my yard! i just have tomatoes and herbs now, i had zucchini plants that were making some nice sized ones but they were killed the other day by vine borers :( i'm pretty new to gardening and i'm realizing just how hard it is lol

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
Thanks ash. Yes its hard work but worth it once everything starts to ripen. As far as the borers go that's something you have to check on everyday. Pick them off by hand and squish them. I have tried all sorts of herbicides on them and the only thing that really seems to work is killing them the old fashioned way.

ashtok119

Social Networking Mod
thanks for the tip, i'll remember to do that next year. my mom really into gardening so she has been giving me advice and she has never had borers before so she didn't know what the problem was. by the time i googled it, it was too late. i sliced open some of the vines and there were tons of them inside! nasty little things, lol

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
Btw Ash, I know its a little late now but if those bugs return next year make sure you pull your plants up by the roots and burn them. That will keep you from having so many of them the next year.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
very nice garden twobears!!!
your right, it is a lot of work, but I love working in the garden.

with moving this month I will not have one this year, I'm sure going to
miss it come fall, lol

judyb57

Super Moderator
Oh yum, got enough of that for an extra person tonight twobears? I miss having a garden, I love tomatoes right off the vine too!

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
I have plenty Judy, the garden is doing great. My jalapenos are about ready to start picking too. We use those to make poppers. Come on by.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Ok, I live in the northeast corner of the state of WA, it may take a while to get there :ohboy

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
This is a pic of me and my youngest trout fishing at some property I own. Now I have fresh trout to go with my homegrown squash and peppers. Its to bad you live so far away Judy or I would invite you over.

judyb57

Super Moderator
What a pretty young lady she is! I would love a trout dinner with fresh veggies. Guess I will have to make my own though huhhwtff

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
After this long winter I will need to get back on track with my diet again!!