What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snowstorm

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

lkvikings

Lifetime Streaker
We are under a blizzard warning and are forcasted to get 24" to 32" of snow now through tomorrow night. Love snow and am excited but snow totals that much and winds 30-40 mph it can get very dangerous. To all of you in the storms path please be safe.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
I live in AR and it totally missed us, stay safe everyone!!

snowangel

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
Be safe everyone this sounds like a really nasty storm!:frozen

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, some crazy snow totals and its not over yet

Latest Updates

5:31 p.m. EST: Strong winds continue to impact southeastern Massachusetts, where a wind gust to 70 mph has been reported at Marshfield.

5:04 p.m. EST: Intense snowfall is impacting New York City, as JFK Airport reports 3 inches of snow in the last hour and a total storm snowfall of 24 inches.

4:53 p.m. EST: Official snowfall totals as of 4 p.m. include 26.5 inches at Dulles International Airport and 21.4 inches at Reagan National Airport in the Washington D.C. area; 19.8 inches at Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport; 17.7 inches at Philadelphia International Airport; 21.8 inches at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey; and 19.5 inches at Central Park in New York City.

4:37 p.m. EST: The top snowfall total in Pennsylvania continues to climb, now reaching 35 inches at Somerset, about 25 miles southwest of Altoona.

4:33 p.m. EST: With more than 18 inches of snow at Washington, D.C. and New York City, this appears to be the first snowstorm on record with at least 18 inches of snow at both of those locations.

4:21 p.m. EST: A new top snowfall total in Virginia is 39 inches at Philomont, about 25 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.

4:17 p.m. EST: Blizzard criteria have been reached at Nantucket, Massachusetts, where winds have been gusting over 35 mph with 1/4 mile visibility and heavy snow since 12:31 p.m.

4:03 p.m. EST: Harrisburg International Airport in Pennsylvania is reporting 23 inches of snow, now the third largest snowstorm on record for the area, only behind the blizzards of 1983 and 1996. They may surpass both of those events later this evening.

3:41 p.m. EST: Blizzard warnings have been expanded to include Cape Cod in southeastern Massachusetts.

3:28 p.m. EST: New Jersey has a new top snowfall total of 19.6 inches at Roselle in Union County.

3:15 p.m. EST: Heavy snow is now impacting parts of Cape Cod and the Islands, where a snowfall total of 5.0 inches has been reported on Nantucket.

3:11 p.m. EST: The top snowfall total in Pennsylvania is now 32 inches at Cairnbrook, about 25 miles southwest of Altoona.

3:05 p.m. EST: Siasconsett, Massachusetts on Nantucket Island reports a wind gust to 73 mph at 2:47 p.m., following a gust to 69 mph at 2:38 p.m.

2:45 p.m. EST: The first 40 inch snowfall total has been reported in Glengary, West Virginia, located in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia.

2:20 p.m. EST: The roof of an unoccupied Dollar General store has collapsed under the weight of snow in Somerset, Kentucky, according to a report relayed by the National Weather Service.

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
WOW this time the forecasters were right to panic and get people to stay home!

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
I know right, isnt that crazy, check out WV, 40 inches!!

2:45 p.m. EST: The first 40 inch snowfall total has been reported in Glengary, West Virginia, located in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia.

lkvikings

Lifetime Streaker
Official total where I live was 30". There is no where to go with the snow. A lot of roads haven't been plowed yet. It is a mess and they are calling for another one this weekend. Unreal.

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, thats crazy lkvikings, I'm glad that storm missed us here in AR

:frozen

sorcer3ss

Staff member
I suppose you would have to keep plenty of non perishable food in the house to manage when this happens. They showed Times Square earlier today on the tv and it was deserted.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
We got 2 feet here in NY, I was in Connecticut before it began and came home after it ended so I was lucky! But the mess that's out there right now is crazyiness! :throw:throw