What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Romney & Obama Views About Online Gambling

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
Romney and the GOP

The GOP has long been the party of conservative social values, so it’s no surprise they’ve taken a strong anti-gambling view on their party platform.
Their official stance is a ban on iGaming and a return to the pre-December 2011 interpretation of the Federal Wire Act of 1961.
Early in the primary season, Romney claimed to still be coming to a position on the subject, but was able to find his way once the
Nevada primaries were in the books. His post-primary stance tows the party’s anti-gaming stance.

Obama and the Democrats
The Democratic Party in the US takes a much softer line on Internet gambling than their GOP peers.
Back in December of 2011, the Department of Justice seriously softened its interpretation of the Wire Act and opened the door for legal Internet gambling in the US.
This move would not have taken place without Obama’s approval.
In a response to a poker player petition calling for legalized online poker earlier this year, the Obama administration made its stance very clear.
The brief response said that decisions regarding online gaming should be left in the hands of the state governments, not the Feds.

SOURCE -CAP

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
My vote is Obama, I do NOT like Romney at all, for many reasons! :lalalalala

timwilcob

Junior Streaker
.. unfortunately much to do about what we acutally do should always be left to us citizens sadly this is not the case of policy driven governance.. i am a once US Republican party sign in myself, have found myself now completely anti political in all cases as i cite the power of territorial state function and it's workers that keep the resource cycle going.. life is i guess but i will always abstain voting from these in my views criminal elements of society ..

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
There are no good choices this term that is a plain fact!!