What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready to give up smoking?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I'm pretty pleased with myself it's just over 7 months since I stopped smoking, am still on the electronic cigarettes but I'm not worried about that. I have dropped down one level of nicotine with them. My son has managed to stay off them also which is great.

Those electronic cigs are helping so many people I know quit! Its fantastic!

sorcer3ss

Staff member
They sure are I never thought I could do it, and quite frankly I didn't even want to

judyb57

Super Moderator
Good job. Once you have totally quit, you will have to be careful. I am always hearing people that quit 5, 10 or more years and stress or whatever pulled them in again huhhwtff

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
I spent $50 on one yesterday, so I'm going to seriously give it a try again for
the 5th or 6th time, lol
I did quit once for 5 months and started again. This time I'm determined to do this!!
This time I'm not going cold turkey, going to slowly wean myself off with the e-cig.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Best gift you can give yourself is to quit smoking and NEVER pick up another one no matter how much stress!!! :hit

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Have you tried the e-cigarettes ladygambler? I never thought I could give up smoking and it was just so easy with them. I did however use the nicotine patches as well for awhile, but it didn't take me too long to cut them out, the e-cigs I use do have a small amount of nicotine in them still.

NothingBetter

Newbie Streaker
If cold turkey has you climbing walls and snapping at loved ones...try the e-cig step down. Many brands offer various levels of nic. allowing you to step down. If you need help Chantix is a medication that will make you sick if you smoke. Everyone I know that tried it, quit. Goodluck everyone.

DenniseTan

Newbie Streaker
I know this thread is kind of old but I just want to share my experience on how i stopped smoking.
I was a pretty heavy smoker before (about a year ago). I smoke 2 packs a day and when I'm stressed, it'll be 3-4 packs a day. It was a very very bad habit as my health is suffering from it. I have a seemingly unending cold and I always have a migraine. Then I decided to try those vapes/e-cigs. At first, it helped me lessen the amount of sticks I smoke per day and then down to just the vape/e-cig. Those things are really helpful when you want to quit or lessen your smoking habit. Then I got pregnant and totally quit the day I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant. I don't know why but my body stopped craving for cigarettes ever since I saw that pregnancy test. And until now that my daughter is 9 months old, I haven't lit a single cigarette or turned my vape on.

Kudos to those who have lessened or stopped smoking! :bravo

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member
Thats so awesome DenniseTan, I use the vapor cigs. smoking is so hard to give up

nice job and congrats, its something to be very proud of

:bravo

sorcer3ss

Staff member
If cold turkey has you climbing walls and snapping at loved ones...try the e-cig step down. Many brands offer various levels of nic. allowing you to step down. If you need help Chantix is a medication that will make you sick if you smoke. Everyone I know that tried it, quit. Goodluck everyone.

I tried it and if anything my smoking increased, it obviously didn't suit me, but I know other people that swear by it. Congrats DenniseTan on giving up too.

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
DenniseTan congrats!! I stopped cold turkey about 10 yrs ago and it is the best thing I have ever done!

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
Congrats to everyone who has quit. I am from the old sex, drugs and rock n roll days. Smoking weed, snorting coke, heavy drinking and some things I won't even mention. Long list. Anyhow over the years I gave it all up except cigarettes. I always thought the booze would be the hardest thing to quit. Cigarettes are so addicting its unreal.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Congrats to everyone who has quit. I am from the old sex, drugs and rock n roll days. Smoking weed, snorting coke, heavy drinking and some things I won't even mention. Long list. Anyhow over the years I gave it all up except cigarettes. I always thought the booze would be the hardest thing to quit. Cigarettes are so addicting its unreal.
Cigarettes are the absolute worst!! I cant quit no matter how many times I try! :grr

twobears

Lifetime Streaker
Yup its crazy. I have probably quit a half dozen times but I always start up again. I'm like an alcoholic having dt's when I try to quit

Vadim-Egamings

Newbie Streaker
I have smoked for aprox. 10 year. And now I wanna to quit. How do You all think, what is the best way to do it ?

sorcer3ss

Staff member
The nictotine patches are very good, I gave up for 5 years the first time using them but foolishly started again when I had stress in my life, but this time I used e-cigarettes and found them great because they give you the feel, taste of cigarettes and you still have something to hold onto with them.

Vadim-Egamings

Newbie Streaker
The nictotine patches are very good, I gave up for 5 years the first time using them but foolishly started again when I had stress in my life, but this time I used e-cigarettes and found them great because they give you the feel, taste of cigarettes and you still have something to hold onto with them.
I heard a lot of good things about e-cigarettes and wipers. But is it hard to throw the e-cigarettes smoking, after you already dropped cigarettes ?