What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please pray for my father.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

precious_woman

Lifetime Streaker
Please pray for my father. He has taken a turn for the worse, he had to be intubated and placed on a resperator. They had to put him in a doctor induced coma because in addition to pneumonia he has H1N1!! I just came home for a little bit because they were getting him settled in ICU. Sadly it doesn't look good. He just had a birthday and turned 80 years old. I won't be on much as I will be sitting bedside. :sadly

sorcer3ss

Staff member
So sorry to hear the news hon, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. Rest when you can, you are going to need your strength.

precious_woman

Lifetime Streaker
Thanks hon... we are doing shifts... I am going to try to rest right now. I have been up since 4 AM, it's now after 7PM. I appreciate your prayers and thoughts, it doesn't look good right now. :sadly

judyb57

Super Moderator
Damn, you poor thing. You have soo much on your plate right now. You need to let the doctors take care of your dad and take good care of yourself hon. I will keep him in my prayers and the rest of your family too. :shucks

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I am so sorry precious! My thoughts and prayers are with your dad, you and your entire family.

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
I am so sorry
He will be in my prayers and please keep us all updated

Gijan74

Lifetime Streaker
I´m very sorry to hear that precious--I will have him in my prayers to..

precious_woman

Lifetime Streaker
Thank you all for keeping us in your prayers. They slowly reduced sedation on my father and slowly weened him off the respirator... they wanted to be sure (but could not guarantee) he would breath on his own ... after two hours of breathing on his own the tube was removed!! Thank God he is no longer on the respirator!! Although it is still touch and go and as the doctors say "he may very well take a turn for the worse again" we are all praying and staying bedside in shifts. A couple of hours after having the tube removed he opened his eyes and as best he could he looked at me and asked for "water"... Tonight he opened his eyes and when my brother asked him if he had a headache he nodded his head. Its amazing how much we take for granted. So we hope and pray that he will just continue to get better with everyday, but we also know that at his age he is still not out of the woods. Again, thank you all!!!KS:)

msfilly

Lifetime Streaker
I will pray for your father as my forum family had prayers for mine I will also ask the Lord to give yo and your family strength, courage and patience during this time of your father's recovery. Hang in there hun God has a plan.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Wonderful news hon. I will pray he just keeps improving and getting stronger! :)HG

pevangel

Lifetime Streaker
so sorry precious your dad and your family and you are in my prayers. God bless you all.

pevangel

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Am so pleased there was a slight improvement precious, we can only hope for the best

precious_woman

Lifetime Streaker
I want to thank you all again for praying for my dad. He is doing much better today (although he has lost some motor function and there are some questions about his memory and his mind)... But the best news is that he made it through that horrible scare and he is alive and breathing on his own! He was actually moved from ICU to a regular room at the hospital today. They had to "alarm" his bed because he is still too weak to get up on his own but so stubborn that he will try to. But ... Hopefully he will continue to get stronger with everyday. It was very scary... he is 80 years old and he was literally drowning alive by the pneumonia! So thank you all who kept us in your prayers. God Bless You!!KS:)

judyb57

Super Moderator
So glad to hear that precious! Give him a big old hug and wish him a speedy full recovery. Now you can relax a little hon. :)HG

sorcer3ss

Staff member
That is good news hon, we can only hope he keeps improving, it is times like that we realise how important our love ones are to us.

pja1

Newbie Streaker
SO VERY SORRY. Lost my dad when he was only 70. Easy and no pain for him, thank God. My prayers to you're family.