What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online Gambling Regulations Battle Brewing Between States And Feds

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Online Gambling Regulations Battle Brewing Between States And Feds

Representative Barney Frank is looking out for millions of online gamblers when he begins his push for regulated Internet gambling in the US in the coming months. One group, however, is strongly opposed to Frank's legislative proposal.

Attorney general's around the US, by a large majority, are not in favor of any regulation on a federal level of online gambling. The reason? If the federal government licenses companies to offer US residents online gambling options, individual states may not be able to stop the action.

"While I recognize that Congress considers various scenarios for plugging the deficit in the federal budget," said Indiana AG Greg Zoeller. "Our concern is that licensing and taxing Internet gambling in this way would circumvent and preempt the autonomy of state government."

Zoeller is not alone in his thinking. Several other attorney general's have made similar pleas to Washington not to regulate online gambling. The legislators in Washington, however, are moving more in the direction of regulation and increased tax revenue.

Individual states understand that if the federal government beats them to the regulation of Internet gambling, they may lose the rights to licensing fees and other important revenue that may come from the gaming. That is why states such as Florida, New Jersey, and California are considering their own regulations for the Internet gaming industry.

Sports gambling is another option that is getting consideration in some states. Delaware has already authorized legalized Sports Betting, and New Jersey has considered doing the same. A federal law, however, will prohibit mass expansion of sports gambling in the US.

Representative Frank is expected to begin discussions in the House finance Committee on Internet gaming in the coming months. Speculation exists, however, that Rep. Frank will wait until after the November election before he really makes a push to change the current laws.

Source

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
I have to stress how important it is to support Barney Frank! Donate do what it takes to keep this man fighting for your rights USA players!!:luck

Lucky_Jack

Newbie Streaker
I have to stress how important it is to support Barney Frank! Donate do what it takes to keep this man fighting for your rights USA players!!

He is only the brave man who push through the legalization of online gambling. I didn't even hear any of those millionaire poker pros that could help Frank to fight for our right. If they offer any kind of support, anything could be possible.