What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Mom went back to the hospital

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

queenmap

Lifetime Streaker
Liz...Your mother and you are in my prayers. I can relate with you about your mother. My mom went through the disoriented due to lack of oxygen, and her heart rate was over 200bpm. She is on oxygen for the rest of her life now. Damn hospitals, makes ya want to put the Doc in the hospital huh?

Wishing her the best hun! Take care, it will get better. :angel

topaz95

Senior Streaker
CALizz, its been a very long time since I have talked to you. We talked alot back about 4 or 5 years ago. I just wanted you to know that my prayers are with you and your mother. Take care and keep your chin up. :eek:

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
I've been meaning to tell you palmck how much I like your rose, very cool!!

TOPAZ- of course I remember!! Check it out, my daughter is gonna be 21 April 26th. I'm single, love living alone. Victoria and I had some HELLISH years, but things are getting better. Are you a grandma yet?? Not me, thank-you God!!

I also remember it was YOU who started posting good mornings at all of the ezboards!!

Some people you never forget-- hopefully for the good!

xoxox
:cheer

luckyb6

Junior Streaker
I am so sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she is doing better. I wish I had more time to read all the posts cause I would have let you know sooner my prayers are with you and your mom.

and I know the feeling of being discouraged at the care in hospitals sometime I think they get people to go home (even when they shouldn't) just so they can charge 2 people for the same day for the same room.

Luckyb6

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Thanks very much Lucky!! These all mean so much!! My Mom should be ready to check out this thread really soon!!

Kind love and peace, :proud

Liz
XoXoX

Oh and as far as hospital's go, something's definetly amiss. They released her too soon! And I was told "well, we don't have a bed" she was in emergency, then moved to extended emergency. I said to the nurse- "guess we'll see you next week"

<sigh>

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
How is she doing Liz?? Is her breathing still very bad?

gufus

Lifetime Streaker
Please let us know how mom is doing.
Did you give her a kiss on the cheek for me?

Hospitals suck-they usually say they let people go early because the insurance won't pay any more.

hugs:eek:

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Re: My Mom went back to the hospital AGAIN!

I'm shaky, my mom fell in her bedroom a little while ago- was bleeding from her head. I called 911 and the paramedics took her for stitches. My sister Teri is going to follow.

I honestly fell like I can't handle this! Like I'm ****ing up!! Not feeding her enough, not helping, but causing harm. I'm doing the best I know how. I'm so shaky and when I looked in the mirror,I'm beyond PALE!

She'll probably come home. My sister said "are you coming to pick her up?"
Cause tonight's my bowling night!

judyb57

Super Moderator
Liz, calm down hon. You did not cause your mom to fall. You did not cause your mother to age and become frail hon. It is all a part of life. A sad part true but still a part of life. I think you REALLY need a break from all of this. Is there some way you could some help, like having someone come and spend the night once in a while so you could take a break from this? You need to be able to escape from things once in a while hon. Being responsible for another human being (much less your own mother) will wear a person down and YOU can not afford to be worn down so much with YOUR health. I am sooooo sorry you are having to deal with all of this, I can't imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking it must be for you. PLEASE see if there is some kind of help available. You will be absolutely no good to your mom if you become sick. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Oh Judy! Thank you for your help. If it were'nt for my smarat woman friends, I really don't know what I'd do!!

As my sister was leaving she said, "How about if Mom comes to stay at my house for 2-3 weeks?" Richard (her husband) is home. She said, he'll make sure mom eats and is on a schedule..

My sister has a BIG Furry dog.. And I hate to see her be away from her home that long, but you're absolutley right- I need a break. I feel like I'm on the verge of breaking.

xoxoxox

judyb57

Super Moderator
Take your sister up on the offer. Let her take on some of the responsibility. If you think that is too long for your mom to be away from her home, then make it a shorter time. Tell your sister to keep the dog down and then let it go hon. You can't control every detail of every minute of life, lol. Take some time for yourself and do something NICE for yourself. Visit with friends, get out and listen to music, have a manicure. WHATEVER, just do some YOU TIME!

Remember that you are not in this alone:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson

Snookie50

Junior Streaker
Calizz please listen to judy she is absolutely right. I would send my mom to my brother's sometimes because i would be to the point where I was snapping at her. You need to take a break and then take the challenge on again. My mom fell many times so don't feel you are doing anything wrong. If she doesn't I would suggest a potty chair by her bed mainly for safety reasons. She might not like it but there comes a time. I came home one evening to fimd my mom sitting on the dining room florr she had fallen and couldn't get up. there she sat leaning aganst the wall looked at me and said I fell and started laughing. Fortunaely she was not hurt but she handled it. I of course was freaking out. You can handle this. TAKE ANY AND ALL HELP OFFERED. Your mom will understand.

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
Thank you guys!!

Virginia's home. Nothing broken. They put 4 staples in her head. Ran CT scans and Teri brought her back.

In my heart I know and so does my Mom that 1-we love each other and 2. I'm a big comfort, support and help.

I'm going to go home, maybe Sunday. Like you said about getting 'snappy' I find myself being resentful. I don't direct it at her, but- ya I resent my Brother and his wife (who live about 5 miles away) they've seen her once in 8 months. And my sister, giving me the third degree. I mean c'mon- this is our MOTHER!!

So, I call a couple freinds and then I come talk to you, or vice-versa. I can't thank you enough!!

Kind love to all,
Liz
xoxox

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
My goodness Liz I am so sorry you have to go through all this. Gezzz you must have got so scared when you saw the blood on your mothers head! Thank god it was nothing serious. Your situation reminds me of my mom, she took care of her mother when she was older and my grandma even came to live with with us until she passed away at 94 and her son, my mothers brother did NOTHING for her, I mean NOTHING, the whole weight of my grandmothers care was totally on my mother. Then the bastard had the nerve to come running for my grandmas money when she died, the pathetic fool and my mom dont even talk anymore and havent since my grandma died. Just goes to show the true character of some people!!

topaz95

Senior Streaker
CALizz, I am so glad that you remember me. :eek:
My little girl is 22 now, and no, thank God I am not yet a gramma!:clap2
I think it was close once or twice, but she smartened up LOL

I thought of my online family lots in the past few years wondering how they were. (some more than others) But I always thought of you because we did share some special times. I remember when you were there to give me some very encouraging words through some very rough times, for that, I never will forget.
I just wish that I could comfort you while you are going through this.
But, I will, keep you in my thoughts and in my prayers everyday!
I have learned that we can't usually change things that are happening in our lives, but we can, and WILL deal with it! Just know that anytime you need to talk, or vent, I will always be available to you. :eek:

Lots of love sweetie,
Wendy

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
You guys blow me away!!! :eek: Carey, I was shaking so bad, while holding a towel on my mom's head, she was telling me to calm down!!

Topaz, special, kind-hearted people I never forgot.. I'm glad your back!!!

Much Love,
Liz
XoXoX

CALizzz

Lifetime Streaker
My Mom just fell again! Friday, they stapled her head and just a few minutes ago she was on the floor, comiing outta her bathroom..

She's not bleeding and I managed to get her back in bed, told her to PLEASE WAKE me is she needs anything. I'm gonna call her MD in the morning. The poor baby!

She's been talking in her sleep the last couple nights, most of it I can't make out. Tonight (before the fall) she said they're all here. I said it's just you and me mom. But- ya never know! So I asked any spirts hanging around to leave her room, please.

A while later she was awake again. She said I had a dream, (but it seemed so real) your dad, grandma, couple aunts and I was there. We were having a picnic and laughing. She said I was with a new man and happy. She said I told her my regret was being with a man for so many years that I didn't respect! (WHOA) then my dad said, say your goodbyes, we gotta go.

I'm staying thru the week, before she goes to my sisters. Thanks guys, I know I'm losing her and it hurts beyond belief!

If she should pass soon, at least it will be at home and with me. I'm praying for mercy.

xoxoxox

Last edited:

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Awww I am so sorry Liz. It does sound like it coming close I hate to say. I went through that with my grandma and she pretty much said the same type of things and had the same dreams not long before she passed. be strong girl and know she feels safe when she is with you and there is nowhere else she would rather be right now then with you!!:eek:

gufus

Lifetime Streaker
I am so very sorry to hear mom is getting so bad.
I agree with what carey said.

( be strong girl and know she feels safe when she is with you and there is nowhere else she would rather be right now then with you!!)

Sorry I don't know how to post a quote yet..lmao

Big hugs Liz:eek: