What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you have any good healthy food ideas post here!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

judyb57

Super Moderator
Steak Tacos

Your slow cooker makes Mexican-style magic, turning flank steak fork-tender and infusing it with irresistible flavors for the best steak tacos you ever ate.

Ingredients
1 lb raw lean flank steak (I use semi-frozen steak)

1 packet Taco Seasoning Mix

1 medium onion

4 oz chopped green chilies

½ cup (or more) sliced bell pepper

1 point tortilla

Directions

Cut steaks in half; rub with taco seasoning. Place in a crock pot coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with onion, bell pepper and chilies. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Remove steaks and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Return to crock pot; heat through. Spoon about ½ cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, tomato and sour cream. Fold ends and sides over filling.

Nutritional Facts

Servings6
Yield6 servings – 152 Calories
8g fat (48.1% calories from fat)
15g Protein
4g Carbohydrate
1g Dietary Fiber
39mg Cholesterol
186mg Sodium. Exchanges2 Lean Meat

judyb57

Super Moderator
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps

For a lighter alternative to taco shells, these lettuce taco wraps are fabulous!

Add your favorite toppings like reduced fat cheddar, light sour cream, chives, tomatoes or whatever you like on your tacos. Making your own taco seasoning is a healthier alternative to buying packaged taco seasoning, and uses less sodium, no sugar, no preservatives and no msg. It also saves you money if you are on a budget. If you prefer to use the package seasoning, simply replace it with the spices listed here.

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 taco wraps • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 134 • Fat: 2 g • Carb: 10 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Protein: 21 g • Sugar: 4

Ingredients:

1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 small onion, minced
2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
3/4 cup water
4 oz can tomato sauce
8 large lettuce leaves from Iceberg lettuce

Directions:

Brown turkey in a large skillet. When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well. Add onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.

Wash and dry the lettuce. Place meat in the center of leaf and top with tomatoes, cheese and salsa or whatever you prefer.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Vegetarian Omelet

12 egg whites
1/2 cup of salsa
1 cup of cauliflower, sliced
1/2 pound of Italian green beans
1 package of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
8 ounces of tofu
1 tablespoon of Butter Buds
1/2 teaspoon of basil
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
1/2 teaspoon of Veg-It seasoning
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 pound of mushrooms

Steam fresh beans and cauliflower over boiling water until crisp tender (4 to 5 minutes). Drain tofu and cut into 3/4 inch cubes. Heat Butter Buds in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms; cook until onion is soft. Add beans, cauliflower, spinach, basil, oregano, and Veg-It seasoning. Cook until heated through. Add egg whites. Add tofu. Cook until eggs are set. Pour salsa on top.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Asparagus Soup

This creamless but still creamy soup is a great lunch or summer-night dinner on its own - but you can also spoon it over lump crabmeat, cooked shrimp or cubed tofu for a heftier meal.

Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the soup (Steps 1 & 3), cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Top with prosciutto just before serving.

RECIPE INGREDIENTS

1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth

1/4 cup water
1 yellow-fleshed potato, such as Yukon Gold (6 ounces), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

1/2 teaspoon dried savory or marjoram leaves
1/8 teaspoon salt
12 ounces asparagus, woody ends removed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Tip: Hot liquids can splatter out of a blender when it's turned on. To avoid this, remove the center piece of the lid. Loosely cover the hole with a folded kitchen towel and turn the blender on. Better airflow will keep the contents from spewing all over the kitchen.

DIRECTIONS

Place broth, water, potato, shallot, garlic, thyme, savory (or marjoram) and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potato is tender, about 8 minutes. Add asparagus, return to a simmer, and cook, covered, until the asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes more.

Meanwhile, cook prosciutto in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring, until crisp, about 5 minutes.

Pour the soup into a large blender or food processor (see Tip); puree until smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Season with pepper. Serve topped with the crisped prosciutto.

ashtok119

Social Networking Mod
Farfalle with Mushrooms and Spinach

Ingredients
6 ounces dried farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup sliced portobello or other fresh mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions
Cook farfalle according to package directions. Drain well.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are nearly tender. Stir in spinach, thyme, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until heated through and spinach is slightly wilted. Stir in cooked pasta; toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with cheese. Makes 4 side-dish servings.

Nutrition Facts (Farfalle with Mushrooms and Spinach)
219 kcal cal.; 5 g Fat, total; 2 mg chol.; 1 g sat. fat; 35 g carb.; 4 g fiber; 9 g pro.; 4 mg iron; 71 mg calcium; 1603 IU vit. A; 86 mg sodium; 6 mg vit. C
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

judyb57

Super Moderator
Chicken and Blueberry Salad

2 poached chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 packets stevia
1/2 tsp lemon juice
4 ounces blueberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Poach chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Cool. Stir together yogurt, vinegar and sweetener. Pour over chicken and stir. to coat. Add blueberries and pecans, stirring gently.

serves 4 at 211 calories 5 carbs

ashtok119

Social Networking Mod
i've never thought about adding blueberries to chicken salad, i usually add grapes :) i'll have to try that!

and i finally made spaghetti squash the other night!! it was SO good! i am seriously considering never making real spaghetti ever again lol

here is that recipe if anyone wants to try it!

Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli

1 pound boneless chicken, cubed
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chicken broth
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
12 ounces frozen broccoli cuts (fresh is also acceptable)
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon arrowroot
1 tablespoon water

Rice, pasta, or biscuits for serving (I served over spaghetti squash)

In a greased crock, combine sour cream and chicken broth (I used my 4 quart).
Place chicken cubes in crock.
Sprinkle with garlic and salt.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
At the 5 hour mark, add broccoli.
Cook until broccoli is tender (frozen broccoli was ready after an hour).
Stir in cream cheese and cheddar.
Cover and let melt.
Stir to combine.
In a small bowl, combine arrowroot and water.
Stir into chicken mixture.
Cover and let thicken (about 5-10 minutes). Serve as desired.
Yield: 4 servings

Spaghetti Squash Recipe

Cook at 350. Halve the squash and pull the seedy insides out. Put squash cut side down in a baking dish that's big enough (or even a cookie sheet). Add about 1 cup of water to the pan. Bake 1 hour. When done, you can take a fork and pull the insides out. They'll come out in strands like spaghetti. If it doesn't strand easily, cook it a bit longer.

vixen777

Owner
Staff member
I add blueberries all the time!

Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli

1 pound boneless chicken, cubed
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chicken broth
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
12 ounces frozen broccoli cuts (fresh is also acceptable)
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon arrowroot
1 tablespoon water

I can make this since I have no stove until my kitchen is finished!!

dani3839

Administrator
Staff member

Spinach Salad with a Hot Blackberry Walnut Dressing

Ingredients:
1 lb Baby Spinach Leaves, washed and fully dried
1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve fat
1/2 cup Paula Deen Collection Blackberry Walnut Dressing
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1/4 cup fresh raspberries for garnish
1/4 cup fresh blackberries for garnish

Instructions:

In a large bowl, gently toss spinach, onion and egg together. Keep refriigerated while preparing dressing. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine reserved bacon fat and Paula Deen Collection Blackberry Walnut dressing. Heat through for 10 minutes. Pour hot dressing over spinach mixture. Garnish with walnuts and fresh berries. Serve immediately.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
That salad looks almost like the one I had whenI was away in the poconos. Its delicious!! :thank you