What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a prayer for my family

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

momsoreos

Junior Streaker
On <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
August 28, 2007</st1:date>, my husband and I and 1 of our 8 children, were in a car wreck. We were hit head-on by someone talking on his cell phone. He dropped the phone in the floor and went down to get it, when he looked back up, it was too late. He hit us head-on at 110mph impact. My then 14yr. old son had internal injuries requiring emergency surgery, and cannot keep any solids or liquids down w/o medication. He is deaf in his right ear, due to the window shattering in the sliding door next to him. My husband was pinned in the van and had to be cut out. He broke his thigh in 2 places, and shattered his hip. He is now awaiting surgery on his neck and back. He is in a wheelchair, unable to walk more than about 20 feet (with help) to the bathroom. I was driving. I broke my left leg, and 2 toes, and broke my left arm 10 times from elbow to fingertips, breaking almost all the bones across my hand. Of course, I am left handed. I have so far had 2 surgeries, placing a plate and 8 screws in my arm, and new ligaments and cartilage in my wrist. I am awaiting a knuckle replacement surgery on my ring finger. My husband and I were both truckdrivers before the wreck, and have been told to get on Social Security by our doctors, both of us are in our 30&#8217;s. We have always worked hard and staying home in such a helpless situation has been tough to swallow. I have managed to keep us somewhat afloat utilizing our community resources. We have been told repeatedly we do not qualify for state assistance. Our lawyers told us we have about 1 or 2 months and we should have a settlement. We have used up all of the resources available to us, so in addition to not even being able to get our prescriptions filled, our power and phone will be cut off next week, and our car repossessed Saturday or Monday, (we had to pawn the title to buy groceries). I have never felt so helpless as right now. Somehow, throughout all of this, I have managed to keep my faith, and a positive outlook on things. I must confess, I am definitely struggling with that right now. Without a car, I can&#8217;t get anyone to the doctor, or get to the foodbanks, which is where the majority of our food comes from right now. And to think, the year before all of this, we adopted a whole family for Christmas, from gifts to filling their cabinets.

<FONT color=#339966>Please remember us in your prayers, not only for the injuries and needs, but also for the faith I feel is slipping away. I am sorry for such a long message, thank you for taking the time to read it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
God bless,<o:p></o:p>

Trish<o:p></o:p>

Last edited:

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Will certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, and hope things turn around for you soon.

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I am so sorry to hear that you and your family were in such a tragic accident Trish. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!:kiss

judyb57

Super Moderator
What a lot of people do not realize is that when a tragedy such as yours occurs, more than the physical injuries take place. I am so sorry to hear of your physical, financial, emotional and spiritual troubles. I pray your family will overcome these terrible obstacles. :)HG

Silkprint

Lifetime Streaker
Mom you need to make some calls dear . There is the United way and Salvation army and also your city and town programs .I am sure they will help with some utilities until you get your money . Explain to them the same way you stated here . Good luck and God bless and please keep us posted

pevangel

Lifetime Streaker
I will pray for all your family needs, I am so sorry for all you are going through. God bless you all. Also try the elks club or any kind of organization like that in your area, I am sure they will help you.

pevangel

Last edited:

momsoreos

Junior Streaker
Thank you all for your prayers and ideas! I needed some new ones (both)! If you have any more suggestions, please feel free to let me know. We have gotten a little bit of help, I have always been told "write to your congressman" and thought it was someone's way of blowing you off...lol, but my father-in-law actually wrote to our congressman for us, and they have contacted us 4x. The first requesting a detailed letter about all we have been through and sacrificed, and all the agencies that have refused us or turned us away. He has now forwarded my letter, along with one of his own, to Social Security, to very nicely let them know that he is watching and wants both of our disability claims to be pushed through quickly, as they have had plenty of time already to sit on them! I was shocked to say the least. Very happy though to see the government push to give something back, when we have worked so hard to give it to them!!!
Thank you again for all your prayers, and ideas!

momsoreos

:cheers

sorcer3ss

Staff member
Yes sometimes contacting your congressman or in our case here in Aus our local member can help, I am pleased that you are now getting some assistance and hope things continue to happen for you. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

judyb57

Super Moderator
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers that things will now start on the upward swing for you and start looking up! :kiss

PIXIEW

Lifetime Streaker
TRISH HUN I AM SURE KEEPING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN MY PRAYERS AND PRAYING THAT THE :angel'S CARRY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THROUGH THIS ROUGH ROAD YOU ARE TRAVELING DOWN !!! I AM SO SO THANKFUL THAT YOU ALL GOT OUT OF THAT ACCIDENT ALIVE MY GOD AT THAT SPEED THATS A MIRACLE IN IT'S SELF SO I KNOW THE :angel'S ARE WITH YOU HUN!! SO PLEASE DONT LOSE YOUR FAITH I FOR 1 KNOW HOW VERY HARD IT IS TO KEEP IT, BUT IF WE LOSE THAT I FIGURE WE HAVE BEEN TOTALLY BEATEN AND I WONT GO DOWN WITHOUT ALL MY FIGHT AS I HOPE THE SAME FOR YOU!!! THERE WILL BE LIGHT EVEN THAT YOU CANT SEE IT I REALLY BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL HAVE BRIGHTNESS SHINING UPON YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SOON ;) I HAVE 1 SORT OF WIERD IDEA BUT MY SISTER HADE TO DO THIS YEARS AGO WHEN HER HUSBAND WHICH WAS A SEMI DRIVER HAD GOTTEN HIT~ THERE ARE LAWYERS THAT WILL GET YOU PART OF YOUR SETTLEMENT EARLY :sadly IT DOES COST A PIECE OF YOUR SETTLEMENT BUT SHE HAD NO CHOICE AT THE TIME SO JUST A IDEA I THOUGHT I WOULD PUT OUT THERE NOT THE GREATEST BUT THE ONLY ONE I CAN THINK OF AT THIS TIME ! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND GOOD THINGS COME TO YOU SOON TRISH :cloud

momsoreos

Junior Streaker
Thank you, and yes it is a good idea. That is what has kept us afloat so far. My husband and I have both borrowed against the settlement. Our main goal after we finally receive the payout, is to but our house outright so that we never have to worry about having to pay the rent again, and after standing in so many food lines, and meeting and talking to other people, we are going to start a foodbank, clothesbank and a resource center to help others. I know that I was in that wreck for a reason, and I have regained a closeness with my family, that I adore, but we were always comfortable before--not well off, but we were ok. I think maybe we were beginning to take that for granted, and now all we do all week is research. I have always wanted to help people, and maybe this is what my plan was all along, and I am just now starting to get it. If that is not my purpose, I'm sure I'll find out what it is, but in the meantime, I think I'll drive someone to the doctor, or help them find the kind of help they need.
Didn't mean to go on and on, I am just a very pationate person, and I guess I felt like explaining myself...lol!

Have a great day!!!
Trish

judyb57

Super Moderator
What a great attitude! I know things will turn around for you and your family soon with that kind of spirit! :cheers

beaches3572

Pro Streaker
Trish, I just read your story and request for prayers and ideas for survival. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Please remember, that the dear Lord never gives us more burdens than we can handle and it sounds like you know the reason for your continued reason to get better.

:)HG

missmichelle

Lifetime Streaker
I just found this. I am so sorry for all you and your family are going through right now. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. :)HG

judyb57

Super Moderator
See how many people are here for you hon? The prayers should be rolling in now! :kiss