What's new
Streak Gaming Online Gambling Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Ways to Kick the Soda Habit with Healthy Alternatives

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
I have that pitcher thingie with the middle piece that you put fruit in, i love it! :bravo

works11

Junior Streaker
We have been making fruit infused water the last 2 weeks and I love it!!! Personally have not had soda in yrs and if I do have one I am very sick!

I just got one a couple of weeks ago and I love it too!!!!!!!!!!

sorcer3ss

Staff member
I haven't seen those, they sound nice, could you put ice in there instead?

ShanaHF

Banned
I used to only drink coke, but that can be very unhealthy so what I started to do was opting for more ice and while drinking, I'd get some ice in and start sucking on it as to get more water and dilute the concentration of coke

RJB

Newbie Streaker
I used to be terribly addicted to Coca Cola since a very young toddler age until I then decided to abandon Coca Cola soda cans and leech on to Kool Aid...still not the healthiest of all drinks perhaps but definitely a major improvement in comparison to Coca Cola. Nowadays my beverage cravings are for ice tea and many other variants within the realm of tea such as green tea and so forth. I'd be down for a Boston tea party had I known the flavor back then. :rasp

AndiGamer

Junior Streaker
Geez it really is hard but I have started to stop drinking soda I just drink orange juice and red tea instead. ::::oly

CareyG

Owner
Staff member
Yes the teas and juice are definitely better than soda guys! Smart choices!

Cayenne

Newbie Streaker
I just don't have enough money to drink any soda or energy drinks :money so only mineral water

Gavriano

Newbie Streaker
Great tips Ashley!

I also find that squeezing fruits like lime and lemon into a glass of lukewarm water is very helpful for taking the cravings away. I really think that sugar is evil and this can be demonstrated by trying to kick the habit. I have done so and I literally went through what can only be described as something akin to the flu - I fully got sick, nose running, headache etc. If that's not proof it's bad for you, I don't know what is!huhhwtff

Gavriano

Newbie Streaker
Oh, PS, you can make your own sodas using a soda streamer. I know this isn't necessarily healthy either, but you can control the contents. EG carbonated water and fresh fruit juice.

sorcer3ss

Staff member
I have thought about getting one as I do drink a lot of soft drink, I only drink diet and am not sure how good their range is with that